Desk Set Furniture, Land For Sale In Jim Wells County, Texas, Amazon S3 Logo Svg, Epiphone Faded G-400 Worn Cherry Review, The Plea Lyrics, " /> Desk Set Furniture, Land For Sale In Jim Wells County, Texas, Amazon S3 Logo Svg, Epiphone Faded G-400 Worn Cherry Review, The Plea Lyrics, " />
skip to Main Content

kershaw speedsafe review

The blade is made of Sandvik 14C28N bead blasted finish stainless-steel to resist rust and the stainless steel handle simply accents its strength. Have a look around and find the perfect SpeedSafe Knife or knives for all your cutting needs. Reviewed in the United States on February 16, 2020, High quality steel comparable to AUS8A, stainless that holds an edge & can be made razor sharp. Have a look around and find the perfect SpeedSafe Knife or knives for all your cutting needs. In addition to that, one customer was impressed by the knife’s simple, visual standpoint. STEEL: 14C28N. Have a look around and find the perfect SpeedSafe Knife or knives for all your cutting needs. The balance point on the Cryo II is too far back into the handle for me, but what can you expect with full (410) stainless steel construction and no pockets machined out to remove some weight. I like the original Cryo that I own so much, that I’m going to get a Cryo II as well, they feel right in my hands, and at their price points, I don’t worry about using , abusing, or loosing them….. The pocket clip is tight, which makes it tough to pull out the knife from the pocket. Enter your email address and hit "Go" to receive notifications of new posts by email. Choking up on the Cryo 2 is pretty comfortable: except for the blade having a swedge. I also really like the oversized lanyard hole – all manner of paracord will fit through with absolutely no issue. It has a handle length of 4 3/16”, an overall length of 7-1/4”, and weighs 2.94 oz. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. In any case, options are always appreciated so thank you Rick and Kershaw for this collab. No fancy free e-book or shiny product bribe incentive offered here! Browse MTJS posts by me here & other blogs of mine here. Kershaw Amplitude 2.5 Plain Edge Knife. This steel has a nice balance of hardness and ease of sharpening. The Leek’s mostly flat edge i… The Kershaw Store stocks the full line of Kershaw SpeedSafe assisted opening knives. Like the vegetable it was named after, this is a sleek and slim design. Your email address will not be published. The knife features a solid (if a bit heavy) build, with a surprisingly lean blade, and an incredibly beefy lock. Take a look below and you’ll see for yourself that no weight saving measures were employed on the Kershaw Cryo II scales. Very similar to the Spyderco Paramilitary 2‘s lanyard hole in terms of size and implementation. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The knife deploys just quickly enough to be efficient, but is quiet enough not to raise any alarms when you flip it open. Yet although the knives are Hinderer-like, the more I play with my Cryo II, the more I see the Kershaw Cryo knives as being 100% unique, different from any of Hinderer’s other work. SpeedSafe assisted opening lets you flip the blade open simply and easily. Add To Cart. The coating used on both the scales and the blade of the Kershaw Cryo II is advertised as a “carbo-nitride” coating. Your email address will not be published. This page works best with JavaScript. Ken Onion is one of the most well-known knifemakers in the industry. The flipper on the Kershaw Cryo II acts as a giant guard, almost like a choil, protecting your digits should the lock fail. This was 30 bucks well spent, I also love the handguard; it's so comfortable to hold. Kershaw Leek Customer Reviews Summary. They're surely under hyping the steel quality, not the way this knife easily cuts and pierces was so little resistance and as if it was cutting butter. It is very aggressive and does work quite well, but couple with the assisted “speedsafe” mechanism – it does feel a … I purchased this ring, and after wearing it for about a week, I noticed that it was a bit lose on me. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Scales have nice grip traction and do not migrate out of pocket. Its definitely a very heady knife & I agree its a bit too much for me but some people like the “safe” feeling of a heavy knife. No blade play in either direction, and the lockbar settled on 50% after only a few flips. October 13, 2014 by Thomas Xavier | Updated: March 26, 2020 14 Comments. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. I find that flippers add too much space between my hand and the blade. Reviewed in the United States on June 5, 2019. It arrived quite sharp with a solid lockup when open. Not the best looking clip I have ever seen, but it’s perfectly functional. I can easily see this knife as part of my bug out tools, and it is still holding an edge after being used multiple times. I look forward to your report. Part of me wishes Kershaw had opted to keep the Cryo as minimalistic and neutral as the other side of the knife, which hits all the right marks for me with its matte uniform design. The Kershaw Store stocks the full line of Kershaw SpeedSafe assisted opening knives. Design seems very robust, I am pretty damn impressed with how well the lock was implemented. A Rick Hinderer design at $45 was enough of a sales pitch to get me in. This is not a switchblade people! You and me both Matthew, safe queens have no place in my “collection”! That blows my mind. Lock engagement on the Cryo II is rock solid. You’re ultimately holding two slabs of steel with no real curves or grooves. Aye, looks like a steal- if we get enough requests we will review it! As mentioned before, the Kershaw Cryo II’s blade is ground surprisingly lean. This mechanism allows for an accelerated blade deployment yet is not considered an automatic-opener that many states have banned. This comes with a strong body that allows the user to quickly cut through a variety of surfaces and materials. More Than Just Surviving is a survival blog that concentrates on wilderness survival, preparedness, and gear. We say a blade shape is “modified” when it deviates so much from one of the standards that we’re not really sure what to call it. We recommend Kershaw Knife Oil. A good framelock is a damn pleasure to use. When Ken Onion designed the Leek, he designed it with Kershaw’s SpeedSafeassist mechanism, allowing you to quickly and easily open the knife with a push on the thumbstud or a pull on the flipper. What attracted me to the Kershaw Volt is its ideal size and proportion for everyday carry use. Reviewed in the United States on April 9, 2019. Kershaw offers minimalistic looking knives that both function well and come at a very affordable price point. Please ask any and all questions prior to purchasing on the item. Finally, with the introduction of the Kershaw Cryo and Cryo II, we mere mortals, who couldn’t afford or justify dropping close to 4-figures on a folding slab of steel – no matter how awesome and sexy it may be – were finally able to get a slice of the Hinderer experience. Subscribe to More Than Just Surviving Sharp out of the box, but the action was a little tight. I’ve never been a huge fan of coatings, especially on stainless steel blades, but so far I’ve noticed no wear of any kind on the scales or the blade, so whatever carbo-nitride is, seems to me it’s pretty damn tough. I can’t find much to disagree with, especially at this price point. What I got instead was tough as nails folder that puts Gerber to shame. Almost forgot to mention. It is made in the USA. Blade: 3.1 in. Pinching the Cryo 2 is less than ideal, as is true of most flippers. Kershaw designed the “Tip-Lock” and included it on the Leek. In the $20-50 range you have a number of what I feel are quite frankly, forgettable knives. Kershaw also collaborates with many prominent knife manufacturers, including Ken Onion (who is responsible for many of Kershaw's Speedsafe knives), Frank Centofante, Rick Hinderer, and RJ Martin. Verdict: Blade is sharp, looks premium, Speedsafe opening is excellent, and the handle is ergonomic.

Desk Set Furniture, Land For Sale In Jim Wells County, Texas, Amazon S3 Logo Svg, Epiphone Faded G-400 Worn Cherry Review, The Plea Lyrics,